Your AD CODE HERE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jon Gruden: I haven’t talked to anybody about a return to coaching, but never say nev
11-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Your Google Ad Here
Jon Gruden: I haven’t talked to anybody about a return to coaching, but never say nev
Gruden said on Mike & Mike that he is happy working for ESPN as a Monday Night Football commentator, but he also said he isn’t going to declare that he wouldn’t coach again.

” Gruden said. “All I really have in my life is my family and football. That’s about it. I’m real sensitive to the coaches that are out there coaching, so I don’t speculate. I just love football. I’m trying to hang onto the job I have. I’m very fortunate to be with the people I’m with. I don’t know what’s gonna happen in the future. I just know this: I’m gonna continue to give my best effort to the game, stay prepared, and I love Monday Night Football and don’t plan on leaving but,“I haven’t talked to anybody, as you know in life, you never say never to nothing.”

and there has also been talk that the University of Tennessee would love to hire Gruden for its coaching vacancy. If he wants to coach again,There’s been increasing talk recently that Gruden could return to the Buccaneers, he’ll have opportunities.

Losers of three consecutive games, the Miami Dolphins return to South Florida in Week 11 hoping some home-cooking will serve as the remedy that gets them out of their current funk.

“We’ve just kind of lost our way for a minute here,” said Dolphins head coach Adam Gase as he met with media members on Tuesday. “We just have to regroup and get things back on track.”

Fresh off a 45-21 whooping at the hands of the Carolina Panthers,Womens Carson Wentz Jersey, the Fins welcome a struggling Tampa Bay Buccaneers team that’s also in search of answers following a dreadful start to their 2017 NFL season.

this will only be the 11th meeting between the Fins and Bucs. With Miami and Tampa Bay knotted up at five wins apiece,In spite of the fact that they reside in the same state, this game will also serve as the rubber-match.

when the Bucs captured their fourth win in five meetings with the Dolphins,The last time they clashed dates back to the 2013 NFL season,T. J. Watt Vapor Untouchable Jersey, coming away with a 22-19 victory at Raymond James.

Dirk Koetter has gotten off to a rough start in his second season at the helm of this team. Coming in with an 0-4 mark away from home, the Bucs are looking for their first road win of the 2017 NFL season. Thus far,Following a successful debut as Buccaneers head coach, Tampa Bay is 1-2 against non-conference foes, and just 1-4 in its last five games played.

this unit remains under the supervision of offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Todd Monken. Aside from the passing game (262.4 yards per game: ranked 3rd in NFL),Womens T. J. Watt Jersey,For the second straight year, Tampa Bay’s offense has left a lot to be desired through nine games.

the Bucs rank 28th in rushing (82.8), 22nd in points (19.2) and 14th in total yards per game (345.2) offensively. Those numbers are particularly disappointing given last year’s success,Heading into Week 11, and it gets worse when the show must go on without their main weapon at their disposal.

With starting quarterback Jameis Winston (shoulder) expected to miss an “extended period of time,Authentic Demarcus Lawrence Jersey,” veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick will make his second consecutive start of the season.

Fitzpatrick connected on 17-of-34 pass attempts for 187 yards,The Harvard grad led Tampa Bay to a slim 15-10 win over the New York Jets last week. In his first start as a Buccaneer, a touchdown and a pick for a quarterback rating of 64.2.

After watching the Panthers run wild over Miami’s defense, Monken will try and get Tampa Bay’s running game going and limit Fitzpatrick’s mistakes with a balanced approach.

305 yards, 4 TDs) will return from suspension looking to make an impact., 2 TDs) and Jacquizz Rodgers (51 carries, 183 yards, TD) are top rushers in the Bucs locker room,Doug Martin (93 carries, while receiving-yards leader Mike Evans (40 catches, 532 yards

former Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith enters his second season as the Bucs defensive coordinator. Much like in Monken’s case,Defensively, this unit has also fallen short compared to last year’s production.

27th in total yards (376.3),Tampa Bay’s defense comes into Week 11 ranked 29th in passing yards (266.4), 20th in points surrendered (23.1) and 14th in rushing yards per game (109.9).

Tied for team-honors with three sacks apiece are defensive tackles Gerald McCoy (27 tackles) and Clinton McDonald (18 tackles), and defensive end Robert Ayers (26 tackles, FF). Outside linebacker Lavonte David leads the way in tackles (51) and forced fumbles (4).

Bucs Players to Watch: DeSean Jackson, Brent Grimes

Considering the high expectations heading into the 2017 NFL season, the three-time Pro Bowler might be heating up. In last week’s win over Gang Green, Bucs wide receiver DeSean Jackson (33 receptions, 2 TDs) has gotten off to a slow start. However, 504 yards, Jackson snagged six of the 10 passes thrown in his direction for 82 yards, if last week is any indication, accounting for nearly half of Fitzpatrick yardage.

as controversial cornerback Brent Grimes makes his return. The four-time Pro Bowler leads the Bucs in interceptions (2) and will try and stick it to his former ballclub. In his second year in a Bucs uniform,On the opposite side of the rock, the player to watch is no stranger to South Florida, Grimes has also managed to tally 27 tackles in six starts after missing time due to a shoulder injury.

With Winston out, NFL Week 11 oddsmakers are siding with the home team in this one. According to NFL point spreads, the Miami Dolphins (-3) opened up this week as betting favorites by a field goal against the visiting Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3).

For what it’s worth, the Dolphins are 3-4 against the spread this season, while the Bucs are currently 2-6 ATS. Head-to-head statistical trends indicate that Tampa Bay is 5-0 ATS in its last five meetings with Miami and the OVER is 4-1 in as many games.

Buccaneers Pro Bowl wide receiver Mike Evans was back at One Buc Place on Wednesday practicing with teammates after serving his one-game suspension and acknowledged he has to be "smarter" going forward.

Evans said that the week he spent away from his team gave him some time to think about the hit he put on New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore on Nov. 5 and the way he conducts himself as a player.

game out of reach. I had my momentum. I was running from the sideline. I made a bonehead play. I shouldn't have [done] that. I think that's the difference for me. I'll probably never do nothing like that again. I've gotta play more calm. I like playing with passion and effort,"If we were winning," Evans said. "But we were down 30-3, I don't think I'd do that, but I've got to be smarter."

Source: Bucs QB Winston fined $12K for push

Jameis Winston was fined $12,154 by the NFL for his poke of Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore, a source told ESPN. The ensuing altercation led to a one-game suspension for Bucs teammate Mike Evans.

Jameis push leads to Saints-Bucs skirmish

Quarterback Jameis Winston's push of Saints CB Marshon Lattimore led to a flag against Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans and a skirmish on the Tampa Bay sideline.

It was Evans' first time being suspended.

The only other major rules violation he has had is an ejection for disrespectfully addressing an official in 2015. That game against the Carolina Panthers also had gotten out of hand, with the final score 38-10. Josh Norman had just broken up a Jameis Winston pass intended for Evans in the back of the end zone, and Evans was arguing for a pass interference call. It never came.

until the game at New Orleans,Authentic Carson Wentz Jersey,Womens T. J. Watt Jersey,After the incident versus Carolina, for the most part, Evans vowed to keep his emotions in check. He had, when he saw Winston tap Lattimore's helmet and Lattimore respond by shoving Winston. Evans then launched his body into Lattimore's back.

Bucs coach Dirk Koetter said he has seen an improvement in Evans' on-field conduct.

"In my first year here,Authentic T. J. Watt Jersey, it was [talking] between players. For the most part, the smallest thing could set Mike off," Koetter said Wednesday. "Many times, Mike is able to let that go. Mike is a very competitive guy. He doesn't mind getting in a little trash talking of his own, but I think sometimes players can fall into -- other teams know you are going to be like that and they try to get you. I think Mike is pretty much past that.

"That still was not a wise decision on the one in New Orleans."

so he went back home to Texas with his wife to be with his family. It also allowed him to rest his left knee that he injured against the Saints,Authentic T. J. Watt Jersey,Per NFL rules, Evans was not permitted to practice with the team during his suspension, when he slammed it into the turf following a catch.

Against the New York Jets on Sunday, Ashli,Womens Alejandro Villanueva Jersey, Chris Godwin stepped into Evans' role, and Ryan Fitzpatrick stepped in for an injured Winston. The Bucs won 15-10, and their daughters, snapping a five-game losing streak. Evans watched the contest with his wife, Mackenzie and Ariah.

"It was kind of weird. I haven't watched a game in a long time. It was awkward,Womens Demarcus Lawrence Jersey, but our team played great," Evans said. "Very inspiring; 3-6 sounds way better than 2-7."

also vowed to improve his play. He leads the Bucs with 532 receiving yards. His four touchdown catches this year also are tied with tight end Cameron Brate for most on the squad,Evans,000-yard seasons since he entered the league in 2014, who has had three straight 1, but he wants more yards after the catch and greater production in the red zone.

"I've been OK, but I've got seven more games to prove myself. I've been getting open," Evans said. "I'm not as good as last year,Authentic Alejandro Villanueva Jersey, like I had hoped, but not as much as I should be. Hopefully, I can fix that this last [set of games]."

have weathered a hurricane,The Buccaneers, who face Tampa-Carrollwood Day at 4 p.m. at the University of North Florida, a car accident and the flu this season.

Some Benjamin players missed significant playing time as a result.

didn’t return to action until the week before the district tournament,T. J. Watt Vapor Untouchable Jersey,“Our senior libero, Lauren Lindahl,” coach Alex Clarke said. “(Middle) Emma Lange was out for over a week right after the hurricane. Having them out was tough on the entire team.”

But the players who filled in for Lindahl — who was injured in a minor traffic accident — and Lange — who was slowed by the flu — did a tremendous job, Clarke said, and the Bucs (16-3) barely missed a step.

Since falling to King’s Academy on Sept. 19, Benjamin won 11 of its next 12 matches — all but three by sweep. Their one loss during that span was to perennial power Jensen Beach, which went on to earn a berth in the Class 7A state semifinals.

Clarke attributes her team’s success to leadership — the Bucs have five seniors on their roster — as well as a tough schedule.

Jupiter,In addition to playing King’s Academy and Jensen Beach this year, Benjamin also scheduled Palm Beach Gardens, Oxbridge Academy and Fort Lauderdale-Pine Crest.

The Bucs handed the Gators their only loss of the season — Palm Beach Gardens (26-1) plays for the Class 9A state title Saturday — while their three losses have come to teams who finished a combined 61-10.

“We have learned from every single one of those losses,” Clarke said. “We had big wins this year against Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. The girls know what it takes to be successful in the end.”

But they have their work cut out for them against Carrollwood Day (24-2), which has won 21 consecutive matches since a pair of losses to powerhouses Tampa-Berkeley Prep and Orlando-Bishop Moore in September. Both of those schools are playing for state championships this week.

Clarke expects the Patriots will be one of the toughest teams the Bucs have faced this season.

” Clarke said. “We are a very different team,“Carrollwood Day has two big hitters with over 300 kills apiece on the season, and we will focus on stopping those hitters with a big block and tough defense, but we have three practices to make sure we are ready to give it our all.”

Leading the way for Benjamin in the state championship match will be the Blain sisters — Katy and Ellie — who have combined for 412 kills this season. Setter Sierra Barron (682 assists), Lindahl (158 digs) and Lange also will be counted on to carry the Bucs.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply